Based Castleford – part-time, flexible hours
You will be representing parents in Care/Section 31 proceedings providing advice and representation on a full range of issues relating to children. You will also cover general family work.
- Focus on Care work and be proficient in and prepared to undertake most of own advocacy
- At all stages of Care proceedings, be able to represent people including pre proceedings
- Proficiency with legal aid administration and CCMS
- Prepared to undertake private law children work and general family matters
- Must have working knowledge of the publicly funded Family and Children work and have the ability to service privately funded cases.
- Public Child Care work – ideally will have attained Child Panel accreditation in order to take instructions from guardians and represent children or be willing to work towards the accreditation.
- Self-starter – pro-active approach, to be able to promote the department and the firm, network with appropriate bodies to grow Care work portfolio, generate new business and be effective at meeting income targets
You should have excellent computer skills, be highly organised, accurate, committed to meeting deadlines and keeping meticulous records
Be able to deal with difficult client situations with empathy and have the ability to build and maintain lasting relationships
Have a head for business development and growing your own case load
Minimum of two years experience in Care
About the Firm
Hartley and Worstenholme is a well established family firm based in Castleford and Pontefract covering a range of legal services delivered both locally and nationally. We recently received the LFS award for Small Conveyaing Firm of the Year (North) for our commitment to quality and customer care.
The role of Receptionist is part-time with flexibility around hours worked. Core hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
We offer a range of benefits including pension, healthcare membership and development opportunities. Training will be provided as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a wide range of candidates.
Closing date for applications – Friday 8th March 2019.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within three weeks, please assume that you have not been successful. Thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role.