Conveyancing Assistant / Paralegal – Residential property
We have an exciting new role for a Conveyancing Assistant/Paralegal looking to develop their career in a varied and busy Residential Property Department at our Castleford office on a full time and permanent basis.
Joining Hartley & Worstenholme, you’ll be part of a friendly and supportive Residential Property team, providing essential support to our fee earners and dealing with daily administration tasks within the department. You will be managing files in conjunction with our fee earners, including regular contact with Estate Agents, Solicitors, Brokers, and Clients, dealing with correspondence, enquiries, exchanging contracts and completing transactions.
• Providing administrative support to one or more solicitor/fee earner
• Opening of files on the practice management system
• Carrying out ID and money laundering checks on clients
• Undertaking Solicitors Regulation Authority checks on law firms
• Corresponding with clients and other law firms by e-mail, letter, telephone, or face to face
• Drafting and amending legal documents
• Ordering property searches
• Preparing files for completion
• Dealing with completions
• Dealing with LMS and Lender Exchange systems to update cases
• Applying to Land Registry to register completed document
• Dealing with requisitions raised by HM Land Registry
• Closing and archiving files and updating computer systems
Person Specification – Key Skills
• Conveyancing experience – minimum of 6 months in conveyancing or similar role
• IT literate with proficiency in Outlook and Word
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organized and able to prioritise own workload
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively within a team as well as individually, while being proactive and using own initiative
What’s in it for me?
• 31 days holiday as standard (including bank holidays)
• Discounted legal services
• WPA health insurance
• Ongoing training and development opportunities
• Supportive office environment
• Salary offered up to £25,000 per annum – depending on experience
Please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Working at Hartley & Worstenholme
We encourage our employees to grow and develop, many of our support staff have grown into other roles. Solicitors often join our practice to be part of a smaller firm where you get to work on a broad portfolio of work and experience greater work life balance working a 35 hour week.
About Hartley & Worstenholme
We are a family firm founded in 1874 with our roots firmly established in Castleford and a second office in Pontefract. We provide friendly, professional advice in the manner traditional to high street law firms but blended with a modern approach. We pride ourselves on being a regional firm, with a number of our departments servicing clients throughout England and Wales and indeed, overseas.
We hold a number of industry related accreditations across all service areas operate to Lexcel Practice Standard
We are proud to serve the local community with national and international clients and connections.
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- Access to a top-up health scheme that offers money back on regular treatments to support your health and wellbeing as well as providing access to 24/7 support in counselling, legal advice and money matters