Sometimes you will not have a mortgage on your home, but have a lot of potential capital in the value of your home. Equity release mortgages are one way of releasing this capital.
You should consult an Independent Financial Advisor on whether an Equity Release Mortgage is suitable for your circumstances.
- check your new mortgage offer
- if appropriate, obtain search insurance (some lenders require full searches to be carried out)
- obtain your signature to the new mortgage deed
- request your mortgage advance from you new lender
- account for any monies due to you
- register your new mortgage at HM Land Registry
- act for your lender to make sure their interest is properly protected