This document sets out the terms upon which I, Christopher Wilton, will act on your behalf as a Notary. I practice from offices of Hartley & Worstenholme, 10 Gillygate, Pontefract WF8 1PQ.

Work will be undertaken on a time spent basis calculated at a rate of £200 per hour.

In addition you will be charged for any fees that I incur on your behalf and these will be discussed with you prior to incurring such fees as Foreign & Commonwealth Office fees, embassy fees, courier fees and translator’s fees etc.

I am happy to visit you to deal with a notarial appointment but I will charge you for the time spent travelling to and from your home plus any car park charges (where applicable).

Our fees are payable on collection of the document or delivery of the same to you or to a third party. If I have to incur any payment to some-one else, you may be asked to make a payment on account of costs.

At each meeting you will be asked to produce a current passport to confirm your identity as well as evidence of your residence; a utility bill will serve for this purpose). If you are signing the document in your capacity as a director, or as company secretary of a company, evidence may be required of your authority to act. This can be achieved either by my undertaking a company search (for which you will be charged) or by examining your company’s books and a copy of the latest filed annual return.

Documents to be sent to a number of countries may require additional confirmation other than the notary’s seal. Depending upon destination, it may require a seal from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and, possibly, the embassy of the country which has advised of any special requirements.

It would be helpful if you could let me have a copy of any document to be notarised in advance of our meeting.

I will keep a copy of the document that I notarise for you. I also maintain a register of names and addresses of my clients which is not passed to any third party. On my death, my notarial records will pass to the successor notary.

In addition to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office’s certificate, the Consulate or Embassy of the receiving country may wish to verify this after the Foreign & Commonwealth Office have affixed their verification. If the receiving country is a signatory to the Hague Convention, it will not be necessary to submit the document to the embassy of the receiving country and it will be sufficient to obtain the Foreign & Commonwealth Office certificate. I will advise you which country needs which form of legalisation.