Either the donor or the attorneys can apply for registration.
- The information needed for the application form is contained on the Lasting Power of Attorney.
- We will prepare an application to register the power to be signed by whoever is applying to register it.
- We will also prepare the appropriate notices to the people named on the LPA for this purpose, which we can sign as solicitors.
- We will send the application off to the Office of the Public Guardian with a cheque for the application fee of £120 when we have been put in funds.
- The Office of the Public Guardian will notify the donor and the attorneys of the progress of the application.
- The Office will let us know when the power is due to be registered and we should receive the registered power within ten days of that date.
- If there is any objection to the registration, we will advise you what to do.